Monday, July 20, 2009

Introduction

The title of this blog is from the hymn, "Come Thou Fount." I know of no better way to describe myself and the purposes of this blog than these lyrics:



"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it

Prone to leave the God I love

Take my heart, oh, take and seal it

Seal it for Thy courts above."



I am a simple man, hoping that through writing I will be more prone to see events, literature, media, and people through a biblical worldview. I do not intend to preach or offer advice; I simply want to explore the world through writing. Christians may find this blog more palatable than non-Christians, though I do not intend to be exclusive. I've learned so much from my friends who do not follow Christ, and I will write about those conversations in here as well. I seek to see the world through your eyes as well. You have a lot to teach me.

I started blog writing on a website I'm trying to create for my church based on writings from the congregation. The going is slow; and I've found with no audience, it's easy to not write. So I've begun writing here with the hope of increasing my productivity. I will post some of my early writings from that blog here as well.

I am an English teacher and a lover of literature, so those will likely be common sources for topics of writing. But all is fair game here. I will write what I see and what I think. In so doing I hope to be challenged.

Thank you for reading, and thanks for any responses or challenging discussions brought about through comments.


1 comment:

  1. Great Shannon, I know the Hymn well. I found your blog because of a serach for others bloggers that also love the hymns. I like your goals for the blog. Press on. And keep growing closer to Jesus
    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete