Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Story: The Chase

As I mentioned in my last post, I was challenged to write my faith story in 100 words. Here it is, in exactly 100:

Sanctification is not an event; it's a process. There is no before and after. My story is one of a constant chase. It is a chase for the best: the best life, the best happiness, the best of my abilities. Much has been given, so much is expected. I'm chasing to be the best steward of my time, my relationships, my passions. When the chase is wrong, it's unfulfilling. Part of the chase is experiencing what is worth chasing. My chase will never end, because what I most seek is all-encompassing, all-powerful, and beyond total comprehension. And the chase is joy.

I'd love to hear yours. It's a cool activity, whether your story is one of faith or not. If you're willing, post your story to the comment section, anonymously or not. Share your story - somebody out there probably needs to hear it.

1 comment:

  1. I used to think that what I did made me "good enough." So I did everything, even church. But I felt constantly insecure about what I wasn't, or couldn't, be.

    Through people who knew Jesus, I began to realize that God wanted my heart, not my achievements. Longing to know why, I gave it to Him.

    By recognizing my self-righteousness and not trying to out-work my sins, God is developing my sense of self by revealing more of Himself to me. I recognize my strengths, understand my shortcomings, and know that He created me for His purposes.

    ReplyDelete